What’s happening: Fb launching Set up Referrer for Android app campaigns. Fb introduced that they’re deprecating their Superior Cellular Measurement (AMM) program inside their Cellular Measurement Accomplice (MMP) integrations on the finish of October 2021, such that advertisers will solely get combination set up measurement for Fb app set up campaigns from their MMPs.
Table of Content
- data on Android installs via Facebook
- buy app store reviews ios
- promote your mobile game
- product page optimization and aso
Whereas the affect on iOS (publish iOS 14.5) is anticipated to be minimal since AMM knowledge will not be obtainable immediately for iOS 14.5+ opted-out occasions (not all units have IDFA anymore and are subsequently not eligible for device-level attributions in AMM) — the affect on Android is anticipated to be higher. (We had a terrific webinar discussing the affect right here).
Not too long ago Fb introduced that following profitable testing, they intend to leverage Google Play Retailer’s Set up Referrer to carry again a few of this knowledge for Android.
The way it will work technically:
- You run an Android app advert on Fb
- A person clicks on the advert and is directed to the Google Play Retailer
- Fb appends secured marketing campaign metadata to the clicking that will get handed to Google
- If the person installs the app inside the Google Play Retailer, the Set up Referrer will go that secured marketing campaign metadata to the advertiser
- As soon as the app is put in and opened, Singular can retrieve the secured metadata for purchasers and use it to retrieve details about which marketing campaign straight led to the app set up
(Observe: this isn’t altering any attribution knowledge flows, for the reason that knowledge Fb offers MMPs will stay unchanged with the upcoming deprecation of AMM. Additionally notice that as Fb remains to be testing the usage of Set up Referrer, additional readability and extra particulars will likely be supplied as they transfer to a normal roll out.)
To offer some perception, here’s a fast FAQ model article about this, based mostly on what we all know to this point.
Is that this knowledge set precisely just like the previous knowledge set?
Kind of, however not precisely.
Clicks that didn’t lead on to an app set up will nonetheless be counted as attributions by Fb and MMPs, however gained’t be obtainable on this knowledge set.
What’s nice about this variation?
The primary apparent win is that advertisers can get again a lot of the Fb attribution knowledge that’s obtainable to them through the AMM program which is being eliminated on the finish of October 2021. Which means a whole lot of disruption to BI/inside analytics methods will likely be prevented … a minimum of on Android.
This additionally opens the door for longer cohorts.
Fb device-level attributions should be deleted after 180 days (we really get audited for this). Google doesn’t present any clear retention necessities for Set up Referrer knowledge, which suggests we’ll be capable of supply longer cohorts (e.g. 365-day) for app customers.
Hypothesis: Why did FB make this variation?
Once we at Singular take into consideration Google’s eventual privateness adjustments on Android, we predict that Google will:
- Deprecate theGAID, giving an enormous increase to privateness by killing gadget graphs and knowledge collectives and retargeting
- Hold the Set up Play Referrer mechanism, enabling promoting and measurement with out buying and selling persistent gadget identifiers
For my part, Fb is pondering the identical – and they’re making ready for the eventual GAID deprecation.
One other standpoint that we mentioned internally at Singular is that Fb is principally adhering to the privacy-preserving mechanisms every platform provides:
- ATTon iOS 14.5+
- Google Play Referral on Android
How will that work with my Singular/MMP setup?
Since we’re already accumulating Google Play Referral knowledge (it’s a broadly used mechanism with different advert networks), we’ll go again the knowledge to advertisers with the identical knowledge pipelines we had earlier than the AMM change. That is nice information for advertisers since there will likely be no extra work required to obtain the identical knowledge units.
This most likely gained’t change how we do attribution nonetheless, since MMPs like Singular will proceed to have the identical knowledge entry from Fb, which offers a extra correct and full illustration of the Fb attribution claims, together with:
- Impressions and impression based mostly attributions
- All clicks, and installs derived from these clicks based mostly on theattribution home windows
The opposite change to look out for is the attainable functionality to measure longer cohorts and true LTV on Android customers acquired from Fb. We’ll need to intelligently mix the total knowledge set we get from the MMP endpoints – which has sure retention guidelines – with the info supplied on the Referral Mechanism, which could have totally different retention guidelines.