For those who spend most of your day in entrance of your Mac, typically you would possibly need to set the alarm on it that will help you get up from a fast desk nap or bear in mind one thing.
Table of Content
Sadly, macOS has no built-in Clock app, and thus there isn’t an actual alarm choice on Mac. However utilizing these strategies, your Mac can simply remind you of issues and nearly do what an alarm sometimes does.
1. Set the alarm on Mac using Wake Up Time
Wake Up Time is a free app that permits you to set an alarm on Mac. The app hasn’t been up to date within the final six years, nevertheless it does the job and works even with the newest model of macOS Monterey.
Right here’s set an alarm in your Mac:
1) Open Wake Up Time in your Mac, and underneath Alarm Time, set the specified time. You may click on the tiny arrows or choose the time and use your keyboard.
2) Below Sound, select any alarm tone. Use the play button to preview. I like Cosmic.
3) Click on the spherical alarm on/off button from the underside left to allow the alarm. As soon as it’s on, you’ll see the “Alarm set” textual content within the gentle orange indicator field. The alarm will ring and play the sound to wake you up on the set time.
Wake Up Time alarm app (and the opposite strategies on this tutorial) will work in case your Mac is awake. To handle this, you an observe these strategies to stop your Mac from sleeping. Or, Wake Up Time has an non-compulsory helper software that places your Mac to sleep and wakes it up when it’s time for the alarm. To get the helper, click on (i) > Obtain contained in the app. Undergo the FAQs on the app’s internet web page earlier than putting in the helper app.
Observe: While you unzip the file and double click on to open it, your Mac might forestall you from putting in the helper software because it hasn’t been up to date since 2013, and Apple can’t confirm the developer. For those who want to proceed, you’ll be able to open apps from unidentified builders on a per case foundation by going to System Preferences > Safety & Privateness > Open Anyway.
Different alarm apps for Mac
Listed here are some free alarm/timer apps on your Mac from the macOS App Retailer:
1) Digital Clock: With this app, you’ll be able to create a number of alarms without spending a dime in your Mac. It additionally enables you to identify your alarms, select from a number of sounds, and extra. The interface might sound acquainted to alarm in your iPhone and iPad. Nevertheless, in my testing, I discovered that if the app isn’t in your Mac’s desktop (say it’s on a special house or minimized), it received’t play the sound and simply present the notification.
2) Sleep Alarm Clock: The app enables you to set the alarm on Mac. Nevertheless, it may be buggy whenever you’re coming into the precise alarm time. Other than that, the app works effectively. (The primary picture of this tutorial is from this app.)
3) Howler Timer: It is a easy app that permits you to set a timer, and as soon as that’s up, your Mac will howl like a wolf. To be sincere, the sound impact is fairly unimaginable.
4) Horo: Horo is a time administration app that permits you to set a timer. The app sits in your Mac’s menu bar, and when the time is up, it performs a sound to warn you.
Please observe that every one the above apps will solely work when your Mac isn’t in sleep mode. The lid should not be closed on Mac notebooks (MacBook Air, MacBook Professional).
2. Use iOS apps on Mac to set an alarm
For those who love a third-party alarm app in your iPhone or iPad, you can probably get it in your Mac with Apple silicon (M1, M1 Professional, M1 Max, and newer chip). For this, seek for the alarm app within the Mac App Retailer and click on “iPhone & iPad apps” from the highest of the search web page. After that, obtain the iOS alarm app in your Mac to make use of it.
Within the instance under, I’ve put in Alarm Clock – Wake Up on my Mac, and it really works nice. Simply don’t stop the app or put your Mac to sleep.
3. Use Siri to set a reminder on Mac
As talked about, this isn’t an alarm however can successfully obtain what an alarm does – that’s, to inform you of one thing.
To start out, invoke Siri in your Mac and ask it to remind you of one thing on the desired time. For instance, remind me to sleep at 11:30 PM. For those who ask Siri on Mac to set an alarm, it should inform you of its incapacity to take action. Nevertheless, it’ll give you to set a reminder as a substitute.
4. Use the reminders app on Mac
For those who don’t need to use your voice to set an “alarm” in your Mac, you’ll be able to sort to Siri. You can too open the macOS Reminders app, click on the plus icon and manually create a reminder. Don’t overlook to set the proper date after which the specified time. To make use of a customized time, click on (i), choose the time, and use the keyboard to enter any time you want.
5. Use Mac’s Calendar app to get an alert
You may create an occasion in your Mac’s Calendar app and get a notification. Technically it really works, however the alert sound is faint, and subsequently this technique may not be the most effective various to an alarm.
6. Set on-line alarm on Mac
Lastly, you need to use one of many numerous web sites to set the alarm in your Mac or PC. Go to any of the next websites, set your alarm time, and begin it. Whilst you watch for the alarm, be sure you don’t shut that browser tab or put your Mac to sleep.
Many of those websites ought to work even when your Mac is disconnected from the web after setting the alarm.
Alarm set efficiently on Mac
That is how one can create alarms in your Mac. I hope this tutorial gave you many choices to select from. As evident, the workarounds aren’t as easy as alarms on iPhone or iPad, however they need to assist nonetheless.