Whereas sitting idle, have you ever ever checked out your Apple Watch and puzzled in case you can watch YouTube movies on it? If sure, you’re in luck. Because of the free WatchTube app by Hugo Mason, you may take pleasure in YouTube movies in your Apple Watch. We’ll present you ways on this tutorial.
Table of Content
What you need to know about WatchTube
- The app is free and solely accessible for Apple Watch (not iPhone or iPad).
- You don’t have to log in to make use of the app.
- Essential and fascinating: The YouTube video’s audio retains enjoying even when the watch’s show goes off whenever you flip your wrist and aren’t wanting on the display screen. You don’t want YouTube Premium! Nonetheless, the audio stops in case you press the Digital Crown and exit of the WatchTube app.
- You may choose a advised YouTube video or seek for one.
- The app additionally provides you details about the video, like complete views, likes, and add date. It even permits you to learn the video description.
- You can too learn feedback for a YouTube video.
- You may even allow captions for the video.
- A bit of the app retains your watch historical past and appreciated movies.
- There’s a progress bar on the backside of the video participant, but it surely doesn’t appear to assist you to quick ahead or rewind the video.
Methods to watch YouTube on Apple Watch
Observe these steps to play a YouTube video in your Apple Watch:
1) Obtain the WatchTube app totally free and open it.
2) Choose a advised video from the primary display screen and faucet to play it.
3) To observe one thing particular, swipe left and faucet the search bar. Now, enter the video or channel title and faucet Finished.
4) Faucet the search consequence.
5) After tapping the video, faucet the play button on the display screen, and the video will begin enjoying in your Apple Watch. Optionally, you may double-tap to broaden the video in order that it takes the total display screen.
Ensure you have linked your AirPods or some other Bluetooth earphones to your Apple Watch, as watchOS restricts audio playback from the on-device audio system (apart from a number of issues like Siri, telephone calls, and enjoying recorded voice memos.)
Whereas the video is enjoying, press on the backside of your Apple Watch display screen and swipe as much as deliver the Management Middle. From right here, faucet the AirPlay audio icon and select certainly one of your Bluetooth earphones.
Swipe left twice on the WatchTube Dwelling Web page to see your watch historical past and appreciated movies. You may faucet one to play it once more.
Swipe left 3 times to enter app settings. From right here, you may faucet Curated and choose the kind of movies that seem on the primary display screen you see after opening WatchTube. From this settings display screen, you may also modify the caption dimension or clear latest searches.
After you faucet a video (and earlier than tapping the play button), you see a like button and a settings button. In the event you faucet the like button, this video will now be listed within the Appreciated Movies part of the app, from the place you may simply reaccess it sooner or later.
Faucet the settings icon to see video data, allow or disable video captions, learn YouTube feedback for that video, or create a QR code for that video.
About battery life
Taking part in movies in your Apple Watch, backed by its tiny battery, is bound to take a toll on it. However whenever you flip your wrist, the watch display screen goes black, however the video’s audio inside WatchTube retains enjoying in your linked Bluetooth earphones. Because of this, this considerably is much like streaming a track or podcast in your Apple Watch. Nonetheless, in case you press the Digital Crown and exit the WatchTube app, the video and the audio cease enjoying.
So far as I can inform, that is the primary time an app can play YouTube on the Apple Watch and be cleared by Apple to remain on the App Retailer. General, in case you’re into this, you may strive WatchTube. The app is unbelievable.
Nonetheless, you could generally see the “An error has occurred” message primarily due to the gradual web in your Apple Watch. Plus, you may’t rule out the inconvenience of watching movies on the tiny watch display screen. Fortunately, you may faucet the settings icon beneath a video and faucet Share QR. Now, scan this QR utilizing your iPhone digital camera, and you’ll proceed with this video in your large telephone display screen!