Google Play Store doesn’t require promo video of your Android app. However you must contemplate it due to Google’s suggestion: “a promo video is efficient to indicate the capabilities, the feel and appear, and expertise of your app to potential customers for higher app discovery and determination making.” For video games particularly, having a promo video can get extra visibility in Google Play Store.
Table of Content
Your app Store itemizing can embrace one promotional video, and it wants to return straight from YouTube. Fortunately, Google leaves you full creativity for doing all your video – there aren’t any limitations on the format and content material, in contrast to Apple.
Google supplies a listing of pointers/suggestions that make Google algorithms like your app much more:
- Disable advertisements in your video, so the video is just not monetized (e.g., when you might have advertisements in your YouTube channel);
- Analyze your movies in YouTube analytics;
- Promo video must be public or unlisted and embeddable;
- Make your promo video informative (it is likely to be proven throughout Google Play, not solely in your Storeitemizing);
- Reduce branding, deal with precise in-app or in-game expertise;
- Don’t embrace folks interacting with the system;
- Use panorama video even when your app/recreation is in portrait orientation (the most important causewhy to not use your Apple App Store portrait video on Google Play Store!);
- Your promo video can be utilized for Google Advertisements;
- Do not use an age-restricted video, keep away from violence/grownup content material.
Abstract of app Store movies for Google Play Store and Apple App Store
Though there are some normal greatest practices that apply to app Store movies on each Google Play Store and Apple App Store, there are important variations that should be thought of. Most significantly, the content material, size, and determination must be performed based on Store particular pointers.
When testing new app Store movies, ensure that to deal with conversion charges – whether or not the one that sees your video really downloads your app would be the backside line to say in the event you’re heading in the right direction!