At Apple’s WWDC 2021 in June, a sequence of privateness updates set to roll out on iOS 15 have been introduced. One of the attention-grabbing factors for entrepreneurs and builders is the replace to how postbacks on SKAdNetwork will work. App builders will have the ability to outline an endpoint that can obtain a replica of “profitable” postbacks from SKAdNetwork. Whereas this brings a sure layer of complexity, it’s welcome information that can create extra transparency, giving advertisers possession over their information from set up by way of to post-install occasions.
Table of Content
Up till this level, after Apple carried out the attribution, postbacks have been solely despatched to advert networks who would then ahead them to advertisers and/or MMPs. Now, app builders can opt-in to obtain copies of profitable install-validation postbacks instantly by defining an endpoint and configuring their server.
Working with us to learn from these adjustments
iOS 15 is already in its beta stage, and we advocate that every one entrepreneurs and builders begin testing and experimenting to develop their methods for its full rollout later this 12 months. As optimistic as it’s for builders to obtain and have transparency over their information, vital information factors required for evaluation can be lacking, together with marketing campaign info, value information and marketing campaign impression information. Whereas it should assist entrepreneurs to validate if the acquired information from networks is full when wanting on the complete, we’ll provide an endpoint URL that entrepreneurs can use to ship a replica of those postbacks to us instantly. They are going to then have the ability to obtain the information by way of our uncooked information callbacks.
- Simple to make use of and implement
- The info will stream by way of purchasers’ current information pipelines
- We are going to retailer the information in our logs, permitting us to determine and debug discrepancies internally
- Purchasers can be supplied with uncooked information exports, permitting them to:
- Validate copies of postback installs from networks
- Determine fraud in case of, for instance, discrepancies from networks
- Obtain details about the supply of an set up (utilizing writer app ID)
- Higher analyze privateness thresholds
- Acquire entry toall the profitable postbacks, together with those who have been despatched to Fb and Google.
We’re persevering with to research and develop options that profit our purchasers, and are working to permit complete comparisons to community information, lengthen community attributed SKAdNetwork information and construct new fraud prevention mechanisms.